Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the kitchen

So have been spending time in the kitchen again.  I think when the weather turns a little windier and cooler, I spend more time in the kitchen, and it's fun to try new recipes too!


The picture above is the butternut squash soup recipe which was OMG sooooooooo good!  I picked up a magazine last winter that had all these fabulous recipes for soup, stews, and chilis in it.  This was the third recipe I have tried and so far they have all be great!!


Mom and I purchased two more boxes of apples and dehydrated some for apple chips as above.  Tomorrow we are going to make some apple juice and apple butter with the leftovers.


This is our chocolate peppermint from the plant we have in the garden.  It smells soooo good.  Can't wait to make my first cup of tea!!

I picked a bunch of our lemon cucumbers and made more relish, different recipe, though than the zucchini relish I usually make.  I used the book, Put Em Up (you can find it on Amazon, I did).  This was the pickle relish recipe made with cucumbers, onions, red and green peppers, salt, cider vinegar, sugar, water, garlic, allspice, peppercorns and celery seed.  It turned out fabulous, if I do say so myself.

Also cut the pumpkins and winter squash for storage.

Mom made the best spaghetti squash and marina sauce for dinner the other night.  It was fabulous!

And today am making turkey pumpkin chili in the crockpot.  Will let you know how that turns out! Will be accompanied by cornbread of course!  Yummy yummy for my tummy.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment