Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Homemade Mayo

So, we ran out of mayo today and I decided I would make some, as I had everything I needed.
One egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 cup oil (I used light olive oil), then you can add salt to taste and garlic if you want.

Pretty much, crack the egg in the container, whisk it, add the lemon juice, keep whisking and then in a steady drizzle, add the oil while still whisking.  Yes, I was tired of whisking by the time I was done, but really probably only took me like 1 minute total, perhaps 1-1/2 minutes total to make.  I added a dash of garlic powder and a dash of sea salt.  Tastes just like the store bought, only a little yellower, perhaps because the egg I used was from our chickens, so the yolk is way more orange (due to them free ranging and it is much fresher than store bought).
It will be good for 5 days in the fridge.  Way easy to make!!  Yay, I am so good.  hahahahaha

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment