Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monica's Kids

Here are Monica's two boys, born this morning between 8 and 10:30 a.m.  I fed everyone this morning because the kids and I had dentist appointments, and all was fine and dandy then.  Nothing was happening except the norm.  We had our teeth cleaned, I dropped the kids off at school and then returned home.  I checked for eggs (there were 5 total today) and came in the house.  I did a few things and then was going to go let the girls out to eat the grass today as Gus, Marty and Pig were out yesterday.  I opened the back door and looked out at the goat house.  In their doorway I saw Monica and then a little baby.  I was like OMG!  New little ones!!!!  And they were noisy now.  I ran out to the goat house and yep, two new boys.  The one in the top left of the picture is larger than the one on the right and the one on the right has brown (and it is dark, dark brown) only on his head and ears, the rest of him is white.  Monica had cleaned them off, but all the goats were milling around in the house so I scooted out all but Monica and the new babies.  I cleaned out the house and put new bedding down and then rounded up dental floss and the iodine spray so I could tie off their umbilical cords.  They are all doing fine.  And too funny, but both have flipped ears, just like Monica.

The last I checked on them, they were all sleeping in the house.  That's my excitement for the day!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment